maanantai 4. huhtikuuta 2016

Chapter 2: Week number 4, knee is okay and Next Level event wasn't so okay

I missed Tuesday's lecture again because I had doctor's appointment for my knee. Good news, all the main parts are okay but slight damage on the right side. HUH got to say because the same knee has been operated before and another surgery would crash my football career probably for good.

Back to business, on Friday we went to this Next Level event arranged by PCAscala. In the morning I checked Facebook and there were some tasks that we were supposed to do there. I was like whaaat, you got to be kidding me and why you inform us so late. Tasks were something like cleaning and showing their products and stuff. I thought that I was going to fair trade event to make new contacts and hear the guest speakers there. I'm pretty sure that this kind of tasks doesn't help us making new contacts. Sorry but not well organized at all. First impression of the place was not so good. There were no signs or anything that this event was held there. We went inside a dark staircase and still no sign. We didn't know if we were supposed to go up or down. Okay we found the place. New gym, nice and modern but not the place where I would hold an event. In my opinion this kind of positive event should also be marketed much better and much more welcoming, so lots to do for them. I got to hear one speaker there, Mika Järvelä by himself and speak was awesome. He told about his career as a coach but between the lines I tried to catch tips. It is easier ask for something after you have given something. That is true, it's called reciprocity. Invent, develop and try, that's the pattern how your development should work. I've talked much about trusting in my previous posts and Mika also talked about it, NEVER trust the word, ask always black on white. It sounds kind a harsh but it's true and it's not arrogant to ask black on white because contract concerns you and you have right to do it. When applying for a job, selling yourself in a positive way is the key thing, just have the courage to tell honestly what you can do, where you are good at and so on, forget the prattle. Learn and teach, make contacts, ask for help, develop yourself and last but not the least explore the world. If you do all those things you have possibility to succeed in a way you want. Exploring the world is crucial and it will broaden your view of thinking. I did this test recently and I have explored only 5% of the world, so lots to do for me.

I also talked this Mizudo presenter there. It's a sport brand from Japan which is not so known in Finland but in Asia it's quite big. He told that one pair of sport shoes goes through over 100 pair of hands before it can be sold. Also one shoe has so many little parts which came as a surprise for me. He had torn one shoe down there so we got to actually see all the moving parts there. Those things kind a explains also the high price of some shoes.


Mika Järvelä's presentation

Gym was small but modern and effective

Long awaited Veikkausliiga started on Saturday, PK-35 vs Rops. Me and my friends as a PK-35 fans bought season tickets for this season. Sun was shining and weather was sweet but the end result was bittersweet. PK-35 was 3-0 ahead but crashing on second half and 3-4 on scoreboard. Yeah not much to tell but if something positive have to come up with, there were lots of goals!


Season ticket

At least the weather was nice

See you on next Sunday!
- Miikka




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti