sunnuntai 24. huhtikuuta 2016

Chapter 2: Week number 7 - Happiness workshop and surprises

So what's up everybody, I'm back! We are getting closer and closer to the finish line of this course and it has been crazy and thoughtful journey with ups and downs. This is going to be my second last post so get your eyes and ears ready!

Monday started as usual with basic lecture, so we thought. Ilkka had Skype-conversation with Kyla Mitsunaga and tried to ask her some questions but there were some connection problems. Suddenly Pharrel started to sing his song Happy in Youtube and Anna came with... Kyla Mitsunaga to the class, everyone was confused and started to applaud. It was pretty funny got to admit. After all the hassle Kyla started to speak and what an amazing woman, so positive, natural, compelling, happy and wise. As you can imagine Monday's theme was happiness. Kyla formed some random groups and we had these happiness tasks and discussions in groups. It was nice to hear other's opinions about happiness. Kyla had many good points and the biggest one was that you can't be succesfull if you are not happy. Happiness has been on surface on this course and I have realized that i'm actually happier than I thought. I've actually changed my pessimistic thinking to more optimistic during this course which has been great. So what is happiness? In my opinion it's a combination of things and that you can be satisfied in every part of your life. It's enjoying your life and it should be shared because happiness creates more happiness. Kyla also brought us some Korean snacks which was very nice gesture from her students and they were quite tasty. Kyla showed us happiness workshops made by her students in  Korea and gave us same task. We were suppose to make as many people in Laurea happy as we could and make a video about it. Got to say one of the most interesting task so far.


Kyla Mitsunaga

On Wednesday morning we went to school to shoot the happiness video. I'm not gonna tell you what was our idea, you check it out below. Little bit humor, little bit love, little bit positivity. We were quite glad what we could came up with. Okay lets be realistic, it's little bit cheesy but in a good way. Without further ado here it is! Video doesn't work with mobile devices.




Later on Wednesday we went to auditorium and each group presented their videos and other groups evaluated those. Again WOW! Each video was so unique and so positive, I have to be proud of our class because all the groups had put so much effort on those videos. Everyone was smiling after the video session. We also bought some Finnish goods to Kylas students. Our team bought some salted licorice, Finnish chewing gum, chocolate, and chocolate mixed with salted licorice. Hahaaa I really would like to see Kyla's students reactions when they taste Turkish Peppers, one of my favourite candies.

On Thursday we had this Javec Welc from Poland telling about numbers and business risks. At first it seemed super interesting but it was too hard to follow for me for some reason and I fell of the wagon and I couldn't catch it anymore. Shame on me, hope other students got most out of it because it really seemed very interesting and relevant topic. Math and numbers have never been my favourite subjects that might be reason why I fell off the wagon. I don't know.

After that I had this Elämäntaito lecture, which has been great course so far. Thursday's topic was stress and how to prevent it. It's surprising how many things can cause stress: Money, school, weather, relationships, eating, sports, pets, job, and so on. It's crucial to prevent it and when preventing is not possible it's crucial find a solution for stress causing things. Did you know that too much stress can raise your blood pressure and in worst case scenario it might cause death. I don't try to scare or anything I just want to tell that stress can be real pain in the ass if you let it. So create positive vibes and deal with stress correctly, that will eventually lead you to happiness!


Be happy and share the happiness

All in all very interesting week, I have been happy all week long, thanks to happiness workshop and everything. Now just have hope that my knee can handle the football, I actually bought massive support for my knee, so we'll see. Thumbs up for HIFK's ice hockey team, they have a mountain to climb in Tampere tomorrow. Well that's about it, next week's post is going to be my last one. Sorry, writing a blog has been quite interesting but i'm not gonna keep it up, it takes too much of my valuable time.

-Miikka bossman boss

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti